Historic Parvin House
Frick Powell LLP is located on the corner of S.E. Second and Chestnut Streets in Evansville’s historic preservation area in a building constructed in 1896 by Evansville’s first Postmaster, James D. Parvin. Although originally a beautiful Victorian home located within a block of what is now known as the Reitz Home Museum, the structure became rental property in the 1950’s and its condition steadily deteriorated. In 1987, with the assistance of the Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana, the house was purchased by local conservation-minded physicians Drs. Timothy M. Crowley and Charles P. Hudson, who named the building “Parvin House.”
After initial stabilization work, Parvin House was purchased in August 1988 by The Parvin House Company, LLP. Extensive restoration of the building began immediately, and our law firm moved into Parvin House in April 1989. The third floor attic was renovated in 1994 to provide additional office space.
Parvin House contains many architectural treasures including inlaid hardwood floors, 10-foot ceilings, five hand-carved wooden fire places, a wooden stairwell with a large stained glass window, pocket doors with their original brass hardware, and a claw-foot bath tub. Today, with its Victorian charm restored, Parvin House provides a comfortable atmosphere for our clients and staff.